Fly By Night

Brisbane Airport.
Brisbane Airport.

On a recent flight home from Sydney, I captured a photo of some architecture which I called Curves and Edges. I almost always arrive home from a trip in the late evening, it’s almost always dark when I get to my car. And I’ve always enjoyed seeing the airport lit up at night. Never before have I enjoyed it enough to stop and get my camera out, usually I’m just desperate to get to my car and go home. But this time, I took the time and took these shots from the carpark structure. I hope you enjoy them.

The Tower.
The Tower.

1. Andy Townend says:

Very atmospheric, sometimes we should all just stop and take a look as we rush by…

Thanks Andy. I don’t know what it was, I usually am too tired to care but lately I’m much more relaxed and I take the time to breathe and look 🙂

1. Andy Townend says:

That’s wonderful to read….

I have to admit, it’s a pretty good feeling. And quite a relief. X

2. Super shots! I especially like the contrast between the two pics of the same view, one in color and the other in black and white: )

Thanks Lia!!! I was just going to post colour, but I had a feeling it might look good in black&white…

3. These are great shots DJ. You’ve made a boring airport look very interesting. I agree with Andy. Sometimes we need to stop and appreciate the more mundane aspects of our lives.

Thanks Michelle. I visit there so often that I need to make it interesting. LOL.

4. coolquilting says:

definitely worth stopping for!