You may have recently read my post about the caterpillars that have taken up residence in my lime tree. I’m quite fascinated with them and I try to check on them every day or two to make sure that the birds haven’t gobbled them up.
While I’m out in the garden, I take my camera with me and if I have time, I take a wander through the rest of the garden, seeing what takes my fancy. This particular day proved to be fantastic – I found this very cool, calm and collected grasshopper.
A few interesting things to note about this grasshopper:
- See how he grips the grass with his front “feet”.
- He then pulls it into his mouth to munch on it.
- He’s not eating my actual garden plant!
- He’s eating the weed in the garden – it’s nut grass.
- In the last photo, I had moved around to the opposite side so that I was actually in the garden bed and he stopped chewing long enough to watch me.
- See! He’s holding the grass away from his face and has turned his head to look at me!!!
- This gave me goose bumps, it was quite creepy so realise that he was totally aware of me but not concerned enough to move away – he must really love that grass!
These photos are for Lucile’s Photo101 Rehab Clinic – come visit!