Lucile’s Red Bridge

IMG_4264

Yesterday, I posted Blogger Babes in London – a wonderful meet up between Justine fromΒ Eclectic Odds n Sods, Lucile from Bridging Lacunas and myself. It was such a wonderful day with truly remarkable people!

When I left Justine’s, I travelled to Amsterdam and was met by the lovely Lucile and her husband and I was treated to a two day tour of their beautiful city. What an amazing place and such warm and open hospitality from this gorgeous couple. I had an amazing 50 hours in Amsterdam, largely thanks to these two and I am forever grateful.

I took an enormous number of photos in Amsterdam and I really want to do my visit justice, so I will post a few times to summarise the various parts of the two days.

First up, is Lucile’s amazing red bridge. You can see it featured in her header on her blog. I am in love with this bridge and have been since the first day I visited Lucile’s blog. We visited it a few times on this trip (it’s very close by) and I couldn’t stop photographing it. Here are some shots taken with both my Olympus OMD EM5 (watermarked) and my iPhone6. It would be weird if I did not submit these to Lucile’s Photo101 Rehab Clinic πŸ™‚

Taken from the bridge, freezing cold!
Taken from the bridge, freezing cold!

1. I’ve also loved that bridge since seeing it on Lucile’s blog. It’s great to see it in more detail and from different angles. Great shots – thanks!

Thanks Michelle. It’s so cool! πŸ˜ƒ

2. How cool that the two of you met! Did you know her before? πŸ™‚ I love the bridge and the photos and everything about this post, it must have been a great trip!

Thanks Becky, it was wonderful. No, we didn’t meet before except the day before at Justine’s πŸ˜€. There’s another post about that… πŸ˜‰

1. I was also talking about wanting to meet her when I visit Amsterdam, so that’s why I’m asking haha πŸ™‚ I’m jealous you managed to be there before me πŸ˜„

Oh great idea! LOL πŸ˜‰

3. gfchopstix says:

Stunning photos of the bridge, DesleyJane! Lovely photo of you and Lucile, and so great that you got to meet in person! I also admire the bridge on Lucile’s header each time I visit her blog πŸ™‚

Thank you! Yes it’s a marvellous bridge. There’s another shorter one just not far from it…

1. gfchopstix says:

Must be a wonderful place to photograph πŸ™‚

Love the bridge too!! Great post – you sound like you enjoyed your time there. 😊

Thanks Deb, I did, it was wonderful!

5. guevaragem says:

This is a pretty unique bridge! I’m in love with it now, too. I envy you. You went to Amsterdam. I’ve been wanting to go there ever since I read The Fault in Our Stars. I hope you had fun! I’m looking forward to seeing more pictures from your trip!

Thank you! Glad you like it. Yes! What a beautiful city. It was amazing. Definitely more to come. And I hope to go back one day πŸ˜„

6. Hooray for Amsterdam, for lovely Lucile and for the amazing, twisting red bridge! It’s so iconic! I’m glad you got the chance too to be in Amsterdam and have Lucile as your guide. She should really work for the tourist board because she makes us want to visit with her lovely posts and pics! Your photos are splendid…what a great memory to bring home with you!

Thanks again! And yes hooray for Amsterdam and Lucile πŸ™‚

7. Mara Eastern says:

Wow, you rock! The photos are amazing – and I’m sure you loved the pink-ish hue of the bridge πŸ˜‰ It’s incredible when bloggers meet and have fun, it makes me feel great about the blogging community and very grateful to be part of it too.

Thanks Mara. Yep, I agree. It’s an amazing experience.

8. Wow, my name is a header of a blog post! Hope your don’t lose all your followers. LOL.
    But as far as I can see, they like the red bridge, so there is a chance that they will stay longer and wait for the other fabulous photos you made in Amsterdam.
    You definitely captured stunning shots of ‘my’ beloved bridge. I shouldn’t say that is mine as the Dutch government might send a tax invoice! They’re a bit tax hungry over here, as I told you. πŸ˜‰
    Looking at the last photo made me laugh, just remembering how cold it was that day! You survived the frostbite, yay! Officially baptized by the freaking cold Dutch spring!
    Missing you here! xx

LOL, tax invoice. Love it!
      OMG it was cold on that bridge but I did get a couple of nice sunset shots so it was totally worth it. Plus then you spoilt me with delicious warm soup ☺️
      Missing you too x.

9. What a surprise the second part of your journey ! Since I met Lucile and the bridge of his blog, the two fell in love and desire to get to know someday. I’m glad you ‘ve been able to visit Amsterdam and be guided in town for Lucile and her husband. If one day you come to Spain , be sure to notice.
    Excellent photos .

Thank you so much. That’s very kind. I would love to visit Spain one day.

10. Oh, DesleyJane, what wonderful photos and opportunity to meet one of my favorite bloggers–Lovely Lucile–and of course you are high on my list of must-read blogs. Isn’t it wonderful to meet someone you read all day in person? I have had that experience and it is priceless!! Congrats to you all on your wonderful time together!

Thanks Terri, yes indeed it was an absolutely perfect experience. These girls (and their families) are really wonderful. Priceless is the exact right word πŸ˜„

11. Lovely photos! How wonderful that you got to meet up with Lucile and Justine. I know you have been virtual buddies for quite some time so what a treat. Off to read ‘Blogger Babes in London’ now

Oh thanks Lisa! Yes it was fab πŸ˜€

12. brittabottle says:

Gorgeous photos and I love seeing you two together looking so happy! πŸ™‚

Thanks Britta. We had the best time!

13. How wonderful you managed to experience this. The photo of the bridge is absolutely stunning.

Thank you! Yes it was amazing.

14. pommepal says:

Great angle shots and what an amazing vibrant red.

It’s a marvelous structure. With a little sister nearby. I’ll have to get shots of the sister bridge next time!! Thank you.

1. pommepal says:

A little sister bridge sounds intriguing…

It’s virtually the same, just not as high. I’m sure Lucile has pictures of it on her blog. :/)

15. Oh neat! I didn’t know the bridge was red. And you two look so sweet! An awww moment indeed.

It’s such a vibrant fabulous red. It’s awesome. I love it.

1. Oh yes! I’m often amazed at the variety of colors that exist along with the variations on a theme of one, such as red. The other day, the light seemed strange in the bedroom and looking around, most things in the room looked grey. I actually thought I had gone color blind for a moment until I could see some other colors. I wondered what it would be like to see the world in that way and felt pretty thankful for colors! (And I also had a reminder that I probably needed to nap along with the bb. :D)

LOL a nap is always a good idea!!