Hi Biscus! How are ya?

I was wandering around my backyard one afternoon when I spotted this hibiscus flower. I don’t know where there is a hibiscus plant nearby, I certainly don’t have one, but there it was, already cut and waiting to be photographed. I took it to my glass top table to get some shots.

I’ve had an enormous amount of fun doing some extreme edits here as well as the “normal” editing that I always do to the photos. I also had to play with some dramatic black and white edits.

For these shots, I used my Olympus OMD EM5 with the 60mm macro (120mm equivalent). I have come to realise that I will miss my glass table when I leave here, so I will have to make sure my new table has a similar top. Of course, a still life shoot would not be the same without GG getting involved. It was a very windy afternoon and I turned my back for a few seconds and this is what happened:

GG steals the show
GG steals the show
I hope you’re having a fun week. I’m adding these shots to Lucile’s Photo101 Rehab Clinic.

Last minute addition!!

I had a play in the Pixlr app on my phone and couldn’t resist creating these:

1. These are simply stunning. Awe gorgeousness sniffing it too! Xx

No show without Punch ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰ thanks so much.

Really love these shots the colours, the vibrancy, the title – all great stuff! My fun week is being back at work and getting back into the ‘real world’ after an amazing 2 weeks off – but I’m not complaining!

Oh thank you! Yes back to the real world can be a bit of a shock can’t it…?

I’m coping better than I thought I would but I do miss all the buzzing around.

No buzzing at work? LOL. I am sick of randomn home inspections at 9 in the morning!

OMG! Do really do that? Well yes there has been some minor buzzing at work ๐Ÿ˜œ

Heheh minor buzzing is a good thing. Yes I get 24 hours notice that someone wants to come through outside of the scheduled open home that’s every Saturday. Gidget has come to expect a Saturday morning drive now where we do a clean up and vacuum then pile into the car while people look through my house. Then when we come home, she sniffs the whole house to see who was here. She loves it. I do not. ๐Ÿ˜‹ But apparently it’s how we sell houses in QLD.

Thanks jp! I was really happy to find it!

3. Su Leslie says:

These are great; I love photographing hibiscus.

Thanks Su. I’ve never photographed hem before, it was so cool. But a bit windy. I think I will get some lights when I move.

4. katieprior says:

What a lovely find! Great shots, so colourful and cheerful! ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks Katie! It really was such a wonderful randomn find ๐Ÿ˜„

5. Gorgeous. And putting it on your glass table top made the shots even better.

6. Heyjude says:

Lovely images – I have a glass topped table too, but I’ll have to clear all the stuff off it to attempt anything like this!

Ha! Lucky this is my outdoor setting so all I had to clear was dust. Although I didn’t do that very well in some of the shots!

7. loisajay says:

These are beautiful, Desley! We have hibiscus here in sunny Florida, but it looks nothing like yours–I like yours better! ๐Ÿ˜€

8. Bright pink and orange, beautiful hibiscus! So artfully styled and photographed!

Oh thanks Terri. So many clicks!!

9. badfish says:

you know I like your B&W stuff, but for these flowers, I like the colors. I like the fourth one, with the gray background for some reason, the starkness against gray or something, but I can enjoy the aristic nature of the ones with reflections

Thank you Badfish ๐Ÿ˜„ I really like that one as well. I shot from slightly higher so the background is my white glass top table in shade. It’s a much prettier flower in macro ๐Ÿ˜Š

1. badfish says:

I’m partial to hibiscus…remind me of the tropics, Bali, Hawaii

10. pommepal says:

I think the idea of the glass top table is marvellous, I have one outside too and never thought of using it. Will have to give it a wash first… I loved the way the BnW shots brought out the reflections. Lovely gallery DJ and loved how little GG checked it all out…

11. RuthsArc says:

Beautiful photos. You have encouraged me to do more editing and to experiment. Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you! That makes me so happy to hear that ๐Ÿ™‚

12. I love them all, masterfully executed, as always, but GG is a great partner too! lol

Thank you Lucile ๐Ÿ˜Š GG is a wonderful partner, I miss her! Home tonight!