Macro Garden Series – 1

My friend Julie Powell (Photographer and Graphic Designer) invited me to join her photography excursion at the Wilson Botanic Park in Berwick (about 40km outside the city of Melbourne, at the foot of the Dandenong mountains). It’s a beautiful park and I had a great time immersing myself in all things macro. Actually, I didn’t take my macro lens off my camera.

So I’ve decided to share the results of this trip as a series each week. I hope you enjoy them.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This one is similar to one of my header shots that I posted last year. I like the lightness of this shot and the way the plant really stands out against the blurred background.

Taken with my Olympus OMD EM5 with my 60mm (120mm equivalent) macro lens.

1. Su Leslie says:

Lovely shot; looking forward to this series ๐Ÿ˜€

2. Trust you to have a pinkish blur as background! I’m looking forward to continuing this trip with you.

LOL I can’t help it! It’s the mulch in the park ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Thank you.

Lovely sho! It will be great to see what you come up with during the series..

Thanks Deb. I’m looking forward to sharing it.

4. Heyjude says:

I shall look and learn and you MUST link one of your macro shots to my garden challenge in April as that theme is Macro photography. Love this one – is it a salvia? Looks like one, such a rich dark purple colour.

Oh I should! I actually meant to do that. Ok shall I link this one? Yes I think it is salvia. But I’m not certain, you would know much better than me ๐Ÿ˜Š

1. Heyjude says:

Wait until April and link one of your macro flowers then. This month is wildlife – and I KNOW you have bee photos lurking ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh my goodness how did you know!?? Yes I have a new post scheduled. I’ll link it. LOL.

5. pommepal says:

The background colour is a perfect compliment to the leaves and midnight blue flower DJ, nice composition too.

Thanks PP. I’m looking forward to exploring some more gardens.

6. Nandini says: