Handbag Product Shoot – Macro Detail

I purchased a new handbag a few weeks ago. Actually, I’ve bought three new handbags in the last couple of months. Shocking, I know πŸ˜‰

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This most recent bag was one I picked up at my local markets. I had a discussion with the stall owner about photography and as some of you may remember, product photography is something that I really enjoy. I like seeing the details in things and bringing those out, seeing the beauty in them.

And so I was inspired to photograph this handbag one weekend and a tried to achieve a look to the photographs that was more singular, focusing completely on the details – I feel like these are images that could be used as backgrounds for a website, as well as advertising how well-made the bag is, the attention to detail, the quality and luxurious feel.

As usual, I used my Olympus OMD EM5 camera with the 60mm macro lens (and also the 17mm lens for the full product shot).

If you’re interested, the bag is available online here – it is the Anjelica bag, in Stone. You can also see the types of photos the vendor uses to advertise the bag.

Happy weekend!

I love your take on detail! Nice bag too by the way πŸ™‚

Thanks Deb! The tassels are probably way too much, but I couldn’t resist.

2. loisajay says:

Oh my! I do love that bag, Desley. Suede, right? Whew, be still my heart.

Thanks Lois. Ummm it’s faux suede. It feels really nice and soft.

3. What beautiful colours and textures. Is this an aspect of online business you’re considering, this product photography?

Thank you Meg. Yes it’s something I’d love to do. I’m