Regular Random – Five Minutes with Dumplings

OMG I love dumplings. I think I could have them for every meal.

Welcome to RegularRandom – sorry I’m a day late, but today (Monday) feels like Sunday since it’s a Public Holiday here for the Queen’s Birthday.

Let’s get the rules out of the way:

• choose a subject
  • spend 5 minutes photographing that subject
  • shoot from as many angles as you can
  • try not to interfere with the subject or scene
  • post your results with the tag RegularRandom
  • link back to this post so that we can see your results!

This week, dumplings! I ordered dumplings on Friday night (I might just order them again tonight!). And I put a post on Facebook saying “I decree tonight Dumpling Night!”

Then I ate my dumplings and promptly fell asleep on the couch – it was a huge week last week!

I woke up the next to a comment from one of my friends saying “this is where you should be posting food pics”. My friend loves dumplings too.

So on Saturday night, after an epic photo shoot with Julie (more to come on that later), I came home and re-heated the leftovers to perfection and set up this little scene.

Needless to say, they were almost cold when I was done shooting them, but they were delicious none-the-less.

These are Pan-fried Pork Dumplings, or Gyoza. Yum! My favourite. From a little place in Brunswick called I Love Dumplings (perfectly named for me!!).

Will you join in?! We’d love to see you.

1. The Polish version – pierogi – were a favourite in Warsaw hot or cold. You’ve paid due tribute! Glisten and artfully placed spring onion slices, and then that last one with it’s browned bottom. Great!

Thank you! They’re so delicious. I hope I can try pierogi one day.

2. Su Leslie says:

Note to self: don’t read food blog posts when hungry. Your photos make these look so delicious.

Hahaha good idea! Thank you. They were fabulous ๐Ÿ˜›

3. restlessjo says:

Yay! Like Meg I thought pierogi ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ I’d rather use a cream scone or something cold to start with, DesleyJane but it’s a delicious idea.

Thanks Jo! They were so good, I ordered them again last night ๐Ÿ˜Š

4. Heyjude says:

Hang on a minute – you Aussies who actually would like to get rid of the Queen get a public holiday? Whilst us Brits don’t! What is going on? BTW love the dumplings though I don’t think I have ever had any.

Hahaha! I never said anything about getting rid of her! Some of us are quite happy with the current regime ๐Ÿ™‚
      OMG dumplings are the best! I think I’ve had them 3 more time since this post went up!

1. Heyjude says:

Well no I understand that not all of you are in favour of a republic, but I still think it is mean that WE don’t get a public holiday and you do!

I absolutely agree! I actually think it’s weird that you don’t get one. Very strange.

5. still looks yum, I still don’t have any and after a huge weekend nothing for regular random????????? lol Yikes

6. e says:

DelseaJane!

How are you adjusting? I came back to this piece b/c I loved the photo & wanted permission to put on my IG poetry page. Giving credit of course!!

e

Instagram.com/authenticiteespeaks

Yes of course! Always feel free if you just give me a pingback ๐Ÿ™‚
      All going well here thank you, new job is fun, and a new business / side hustle!
      Hope you’re well too!