Welcome back to another #RegularRandom where we:
- choose a subject or a scene
- spend five minutes photographing it – no more!
- try to see it from many angles, look through something at it, change the light that’s hitting it
- have fun!
- tag your post #regularrandom and ping back to this post
This week, pumpkin soup. It’s a dreary old winter here at the moment, and I’ve been sick with the flu and feeling pretty miserable. So I made some pumpkin soup, it’s my mum’s recipe and a favourite of ours. I’ll write out the recipe below.
- 700g pumpkin (I like the Qld Blue pumpkin, the one with the blue skin)
- 3-4 medium potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1L chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- salt and pepper
- cream to serve
- So simple – just put it all in a saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer until the vegetables are soft.
- Take it off the stove and puree the lot!
- Note that you probably won’t need 1L of chicken stock – you just need enough to cover the vegetables and then it all depends on how thick you like your soup!
- Remember that cream will split when you reheat it, so best to add just before serving – yum!
I hope you enjoy – let me know if you try it!