Five Minutes with Brunch – RegularRandom

Thanks for visiting RegularRandom. If you haven’t seen it before, this is the concept:

• choose an object or scene
  • spend just 5 minutes shooting it, trying to be creative with angles and light and composition
  • post your photos with the tag regularrandom
  • pingback to this post so that we can see your results!

This week it’s my BRAT (bacon, rocket, avocado and tomato) sandwich that I had for brunch with Julie last week at Grace in Fitzroy. It was delicious – the  bread and bacon just as crispy as it looks!

A couple of really good coffees and a good chat and we were ready to go!

I hope you can join us.

1. I like the blurry foreground and sharp background teapot. How did you do it? I also like the clarity of no 7. Nothing if not versatile in my preferences. As you are varied in your subjects.

Thanks Meg – I’ll show you when we have breakfast! But basically, I just focused on the teapot and then carefully moved the camera to include the sandwich in the frame. Thanks again.

2. BeckyB says:

Brilliant shots . . . .but where is my BRAT? I really want one after looking at your photographs . . in fact I am amazed you managed to look & photograph for 5 minutes without taking a bite!!

Hahaha, oops, sorry! Yes it was a struggle, but I do what I have to, to get the shot lol. Thanks so much.

3. Great pics. Making my mouth water just remembering them. Yummo. Waiting for my pizza us harder than before 😂😂😂

Thanks Julz. After editing tonight for 2 hours, I’m getting hungry for this again myself!

4. Mmh, looks really yummy! 😋 And I like that cute little teapot! 😄 Have a lovely Sunday!

Thanks so much, the teapot was such a cute addition! Happy Sunday to you too!

5. RuthsArc says:

Fun photos. Looks delicious so I don’t think I would have been able to take time and so many photos before I took a bite 🙂

Thanks Ruth! It was tough, I admit!

6. Heyjude says:

I’m with Ruth! I couldn’t wait 5 minutes before tucking into that. Also one of my favourite combos – now salivating at the thought! Sorry to make a mess on your page 😉

hahaha, thanks Jude! It was delish!

7. Su Leslie says:

Delicious! Food and images 😃

8. Wait. It’s midnight and I’m hungry. All your fault! Recipe?

9. icelandpenny says:

I will experiment with regular-random photography — thank you for the concept. And thank you for BRAT — it’s now in my mind & will soon be on my plate!

Hahaha that’s great! Looking forward to seeing your regularrandom! Thank you!