Five Minutes with Lemon Meringue – RegularRandom

This is my RegularRandom, where we choose an object or a scene and spend only 5 minutes shooting it. It makes us think about angles and light and composition and moving your body rather than the subject.

If you want to join in, please do! Tag your post with RegularRandom and link back to this post so that we can find you.

This week, it’s back to sweet treats. It’s easy to see how much I love macro photography. These photos are all within 6 minutes (oops, I cheated). I love being able to get so close and from so many different angles. It was early morning so the light was amazing.

I hope you enjoy.

Happy snapping!

1. Su Leslie says:

Yum. Was this lemon custard with meringue — no pie crust?

It was a very soft buttery yellow crust. Inside was lemon curd. I probably should have taken a picture after I took a fork to it, but to be honest, it was so good the camera was forgotten ๐Ÿ˜€

1. Su Leslie says:

I totally understand that. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. You had this for BREAKFAST??? Mind you, I wouldn’t blame you: it looks yummy, and you earned it after getting up early to bake! I especially like the very partial one with the glisten of sugar crystals, and the meringue is browned (and photographed) to perfection.

LOL no not for breakfast! I had it one night for dessert after an early dinner. Oh and I didn’t bake it. There’s a wonderful bakery near me. So sorry to have deceived you.

But I DID take the photos. And eat it. LOL again.

3. GF-Chopstix says:

You sure have willpower, Desley! Don’t know that I could last 5 whole minutes photographing a lemon meringue pie! ๐Ÿ˜€

Hahahaha. Thanks Sandi. Actually, I had it for about 28 hours before getting time to photograph it lol.

1. GF-Chopstix says:

That’s just torture! ๐Ÿ˜›

4. loisajay says:

Lemon meringue?! This looks glorious, Desley! Glorious.

Thanks Lois. It was pretty darn tasty!

5. Britta says:

Looks delicious, Desley! I’m not really a meringue type of gal, but these photos may have converted me. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks Britta! I wish you could have tried it with me!

6. RuthsArc says:

Oh delicious!

Thanks Ruth, it really was!

7. how decadently gorgeous………..I’m glad you enjoyed it! ๐Ÿ™‚ here is mine for this week too, no food! lol

Thanks hun, it was fab. I’ll come by!