Incredibly Edible

via Daily Prompt: Edible

As you know, I’m a lover of macro and a lover of cupcakes, so when the opportunity arose on the weekend to visit one of my favourite Instagram cake people in the flesh, I jumped at (or drove to) the chance.

This cupcake is from Proof is in the Pudding in South Yarra in Melbourne. It’s called an Afternoon Delight and it was! Well, actually, I photographed it in the afternoon, but ate it after dinner.

It’s a Belgian chocolate cupcake (and soooooo goooood) with a strawberry/coconut frosting (I can’t tell you how gooooood my car smelled on the drive home) with vanilla bean cream and topped with a vanilla cream wafer biscuit.

On their Instagram account, where I originally saw this incredibly edible delectable thing, it had a different biscuit on top – an Iced Vovo 😀

So on my way home, I stopped off at the supermarket and bought a packet of Iced Vovos and voila!

These photos were taken under my kitchen lights, so they aren’t as nice as I’d like them to be, but I couldn’t wait until the next day for fear of risking the integrity of the dessert 😛

1. GF-Chopstix says:

Oh my! How you could even wait to get home to take some snaps is mystifying! hhahaha! Lovely styling, as always Desley 😀 That cupcake looks absolutely delicious!

Hahah thanks so much. Yes it was difficult. But I was determined to photograph it! I even waited until after I’d prepped my slow cooker, put away the groceries and done the dishes!!

1. GF-Chopstix says:

Now that is discipline!! haha! 😀

2. susurrus says:

You wouldn’t have been able to risk the integrity of the dessert if I’d have been anywhere near it, that’s for sure.

3. loisajay says:

Your integrity might be intact but the diet is shot to hell!! 😀 This both looks and sounds delicious, Desley.

Hahaha exactly! LOL thanks Lois.

4. Su Leslie says: